Anima: Grades 6-12, Treble Voices & Concert Choir: Anima and Troubadours combined
Conductors: Michelle Bendett (Anima and Concert Choir) and Zach Kubasta (Concert Choir)
St. Olaf Intern:Alexys Sayegh
Rehearsal time: Mondays 6:30–8:30 p.m.
Rehearsal location: Bethel Lutheran Church, Northfield
- $45 registration fee (single student) or $60 registration fee (family).
- 9 monthly payments of $80.45, ($724 annual tuition).
- $25 estimated uniform fee. Uniform information
- $400-$500 estimated summer tour cost
- Families with more than one singer enrolled in the NYC will pay full price for the singer in the highest tuition choir, and receive a 10% discount on the tuition of the other singers in the family.
- Financial assistance is available
Anima (meaning life, soul, spirit, breath, mind), is our choir for treble singers in grades 6-12. Studying the finest music from a variety of cultures, styles, and periods, these singers are challenged to perform at the top of their ability and develop their unique voice through score study, music interpretation, ear training, and vocal development. Anima enjoys yearly retreats, performs locally throughout the season, tours regionally each summer, and performs in our winter and spring concerts. Return to registration page to register
Anima combines with the Troubadours to form the Concert Choir. Concert Choir rehearses during the second hour of rehearsal on Mondays. The Concert Choir performs at our annual winter and spring concerts, local civic events, and on tour.
Our staff believes singers learn invaluable lessons and create life-long memories by touring. The Northfield Youth Choirs plans tours for each of our touring choirs. The NYC strives to keep tour prices as reasonable as possible and to only charge for the actual costs incurred on tour. For this reason, tour transportation, meals, lodging, and other necessary fees are billed later in the year as a “tour assessment.” Tour information including destination, length, and actual price is given to families in the spring semester.