COVID-19 PANDEMIC PRECAUTIONS
As our communities continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, NYC is committed to providing high quality music experiences for our singers and families while maintaining the safest environment possible.
We will follow guidance from the CDC, MDH, and our Governor in order to assure we have the most complete and up-to-date information. Additionally, our Board, organizational leaders and staff are continually researching the recommended Covid precautions for local students and those participating in youth choirs.
In accordance with the most current recommendations NYC will put the following precautions in place as we begin our Fall season of singing together:
- All singers will bring a clean, well-fitted mask to rehearsal.
- All singers will wear their mask while indoors.
- All singers will wear their mask while singing.
- All singers will be distanced during rehearsals.
- Rigorous hand hygiene will be followed and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- If your singer has any symptoms of illness, notify the office and keep them home.
- If your singer tests positive for COVID-19, notify the office. Notifications will be made to affected singers according to CDC and MDH decision tree and policies.
- Chorale members will be expected to be vaccinated before participating.
NYC strongly encourages its singers to be vaccinated when they are age eligible for the safety of all singers, conductors and staff. All conductors and staff are fully vaccinated.
We will continue to monitor guidelines and the COVID-19 situation in the communities we serve. NYC families will be notified if/when our precautions change during the course of this season.
To notify NYC of COVID-19 related issues please email the NYC Office at email@example.com or call 507-664-9335
Revised Aug 22, 2021