Conductor: LaGretta Lunde
Rehearsal time: Mondays, 4:30–5:30 p.m.
Rehearsal location: East Pod, Bethel Lutheran Church (1321 North Avenue, Northfield)
The After School Program is available 3:30–4:30 p.m.
- $45 registration fee (single student) or $60 registration fee (family).
- Note: For registrations submitted after Aug. 22, 2016 , the non-refundable registration fee is $60 per individual (or $75 per family).
- $568 annual tuition for the 2016–17 season (8 monthly payments of $71).
- $35–$85 estimated uniform fee
- $135–$155 estimated spring tour cost
- Families with more than one singer enrolled in the NYC will pay full price for the singer in the highest tuition choir, and receive a 10% discount on the tuition of the other singers in the family (excluding Poco a Poco).
- Scholarships are available
Treble Choir, for grades 3–5, will focus on expanding vocal range, developing beautiful tone quality, and building music-reading skills through unison, two-, and three-part music. Treble Choir performs locally and regionally, enjoys a fall retreat, Snow Days winter retreat, takes a two-day tour in the spring, and performs in our winter and spring concerts. Our After School Program is a popular option for this age group, providing transportation to rehearsal from the Northfield public elementary schools, recreational activities, and a healthy snack. Register now!
Our staff believes singers learn invaluable lessons and create life-long memories by touring. The Northfield Youth Choirs plans spring tours for each of our touring choirs. The NYC strives to keep tour prices as reasonable as possible and to only charge for the actual costs incurred on tour. For this reason, tour transportation, meals, lodging, and other necessary fees are billed later in the year as a “tour assessment.” Tour information including destination, length, and actual price is given to families early in the spring semester.