Conductor: Elizabeth Shepley
Rehearsal time: Mondays 6:30–8:30 p.m.
Rehearsal location: Christiansen Hall of Music, Fosnes Rehearsal Room (CHM 233), St. Olaf College
- $45 registration fee (single student) or $60 registration fee (family).
- Note: For registrations submitted after Aug. 22, 2016 , the non-refundable registration fee is $60 per individual (or $75 per family).
- $724 annual tuition for the 2016–17 season (8 monthly payments of $90.50).
- $125–$150 estimated uniform fee
- $300–$400 estimated spring tour cost
- Families with more than one singer enrolled in the NYC will pay full price for the singer in the highest tuition choir, and receive a 10% discount on the tuition of the other singers in the family (excluding Poco a Poco).
- Scholarships are available
Anima (meaning life, soul, spirit, breath, mind), is our choir for girls in grades 6 and up. Studying the finest music from a variety of cultures, styles, and periods, these singers are challenged to perform at the top of their ability and develop their unique voice through score study, music interpretation, ear training, and vocal development. Anima enjoys two yearly retreats, performs locally throughout the season, tours regionally each spring, and performs in our winter and spring concerts. Register now!
Anima combines with the Troubadours to form the Concert Choir. Concert Choir rehearses during the second hour of rehearsal on Mondays. The Concert Choir performs at our annual winter and spring concerts, local civic events, and on tour.
Our staff believes singers learn invaluable lessons and create life-long memories by touring. The Northfield Youth Choirs plans spring tours for each of our touring choirs. The NYC strives to keep tour prices as reasonable as possible and to only charge for the actual costs incurred on tour. For this reason, tour transportation, meals, lodging, and other necessary fees are billed later in the year as a “tour assessment.” Tour information including destination, length, and actual price is given to families early in the spring semester.